What is an affirmation? Affirmations sound pretty “woo-woo” and out there, associated with all the new-age become-a-new-you movement. I put thoughts in the title because thoughts are a nice way to think about affirmations. An affirmation is a thought you want to believe in your core, something that inspires you and affirms traits and characteristics you want to grow and nourish. Sometimes affirmations are just a list of things that make you feel good about yourself.
How does one use an affirmation? Well, I like to pop these babies into my phone or on my phone background. I like to write it at the top of my planner or whatever I’m working on. When my mind drifts or anxiety starts to build, I try to take it back to my affirmation.
Affirmations don’t have to be anything fancy. If you listen to Tony Robbins, his affirmations are POWERFUL, but they are also long and wordy. I prefer things I can remember easily, just a simple phrase (maybe not even proper grammar), like a motto not a mission statement.
Here are 50 Affirmations I have used and will continue to use for a boost. Feel free to download the pics and use them as phone backgrounds:
1. You are smart
2. You are hardworking
3. You are kind
4. You are loved
5. You are taken care of
6. Today is a new day or this moment is a new moment
7. Everybody is only human
8. As long as you tried your best
9. You have everything you need
10. You can do anything
12. Life is only this moment
13. You are strong
14. It can only get better
15. Today is the youngest you’ll ever be again
16. You are royalty/you are the best/you are the greatest
I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. -Muhammad Ali
17. I am healthy
18. My body is healthy, my mind is at peace
19. My abilities are limitless
20. Ask and you shall receive
21. Let it all go
22. I can communicate clearly and with ease
23. I am confident. I am energetic. I am a conqueror.
24. I trust myself and my inner voice.
25. I am proud of myself and how far I’ve come
26. I get stronger, wiser and better every day.
27. I send peace, I receive peace.
28. I can eat whatever I want.
29. Today will be a great day
30. I have enough money.
31. I am enough.
32. I am great with money.
33. I belong to a community and I am loved.
34. I have something meaningful to contribute to the world
35. Discipline is the key to success
36. Day in Day out.
37. You are the only one who can push yourself
38. No one controls how you feel but you
39. Live Life Intentionally
40. Your goals aren’t your identity
41. Your failures aren’t your identity
42. If not today then when
43. Yesterday you said today
44. Don’t stress just do your best
45. You are the star of your movie
46. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
47. Whatever you do, do it 110%
48. Act like you are and you will be
49. Haters mean you’re doing it right
50. You’ve survived 100% of bad days so far
Inspired by an article from my buddies at Millionaire Digest 😍
I also have these beauties bookmarked for extra inspiration:
What kind of affirmations do you recite to yourself? What words and phrases keep you motivated and keep you going? What do you think of my affirmations?